Are you planning to make your own mask?
As we all know that wearing a mask is becoming a part of our lives now a days. So, it’s a practical idea to learn how to make a homemade mask for you.
Finding a mask for you and your family can be irritating.
Here you will learn an easy method that how to make at home with different materials.
Since Covid-19 hit the whole world, it is leading to many other issues under its one name.
Why are masks short in the US?
One reason can be that China manufactures masks, and it stopped shipping it to other countries while fighting against their outbreak.
So, learn to make a face mask for you, or you can donate it as well.
It is recommended to have a multi-layered as only that can be sufficient to protect you from the deadly virus.
You should wash your homemade face mask after each use and try to sanitize it as well.
It’s a good practice to wear the mask, but the social distance is the key, so stay home stay safe.
How To Make Your Own Mask 2022?
- 100% Cotton Fabric
- Non-woven cloth(optional)
- Measuring tape
- Elastic/ Bias Tape
- Sewing machine
- For pattern: Paper, pen, and scale.
How To Sew? – A Step By Step Guide
It’s always a good step to make a pattern to stay on point. I made a one with 9×8 inch as I will create pleats of one inch each.
- Measure your face and make markings on a paper.
- Place ironed cloth under the pattern, pin it to cut the double fabric into a rectangular shape.
- Repeat the step with woven cloth. This step is optional but recommended as one layered fabric mask is not much useful.
- Measure and cut the bias tape or elastic. I used 36 inches for each side.
- Place the non-woven and cotton fabric together and sew it.
- Sew from one side all 9 inches *leave seam allowance almost ¼ inch
- Press the seam and after flipping open the front side and place a metal piece in the center of the seam in between the two parts. I used a paper clip after opening it flat. It would help your’s mask to stay on your nose.
- Sew the opposite corner as well. Turn it over to show the front cotton fabric.
- Use the pattern again to mark the pleats. Pin the each at 1-inch distance and press it.
- Place the center of 36 inches biases taping on the sides of the mask by sandwiching the creases.
- Start sewing from the end corner of the tape.
- Repeat the step last two steps for another side as well.
- Pat, your back TADAHHH, your most professional-grade homemade mask, is ready. You can make for you and your family or donate your most creative, personalized, and reusable masks.
How To Make Bandana And Coffee Filter Mask
This simple face mask is a no-sew with a bandana. You can use a coffee cone filter to allow more protection to your mask, as wearing a fabric layered mask is not recommended as an active practice.
Things You Need
- Coffee filter
- Rubber bands or hair ties
How To Make A Non-Sew?
- Fold the bandana fabric into two.
- Cut the coffee filter and place it in the center of the bandana fabric.
- Keep folding the bandana. Fold the upper fold towards down and lower towards up.
- Place a rubber band or hair ties in the folded bandana to the one forth-length or 6 inches apart from each other.
- Fold the bandana sides lengthwise over the rubber bands while shaping a curve shape. Tuck them to get a better hold.
- A non-sew mask is ready to wear.
A DIY Mask From A T-Shirt
- Two rubber bands
How To Assemble It To Make A Mask?
- Cut a square piece of 7 or 8 inches horizontally
- Place the fabric in a 90-degree angle to fold it. A double ham side should remain on the sides of your mask.
- Start folding the fabric from top to the middle and from bottom to middle.
- Repeat the step to fold it again.
- Loop the rubber bands around the ends of the fabric by creating a candy shape.
- Fold the ends and tuck the fabric to make a firm hold.
- Wear your DIY face masks and make sure they are snuggly fit.
Rules For Mask Usage
WHO issued some instructions regarding wearing masks to follow strictly to avoid Covid-19 Pandemic.
How To Use?
Before using a mask, clean your hands. Don’t touch the mask while using it.
Don t reuse it or wash fabric face masks after each use.
Remove the mask from elastic, do not touch directly on the fabric.
Dispose of the mask in covered dustbin immediately after each use.
When To Use?
- If you are taking care of a corona virus positive person.
- If you have to go out.
- If you are facing any symptoms like coughing, sneezing, or fever.
Safety Instructions Regarding Covid-19
- Covid-19 is a global pandemic and spreading its deadly.
- Stay at home to save lives.
- Wash your hands regularly with sanitizer.
- Use a face mask outside the house or while taking care of patients.
- Use gloves as well if needed.
- Try to Cough or sneeze in your sleeve.
- Dispose off properly.
- Avoid handshake.
- Clean the surface areas of your home with disinfectants.
- Keep the distance at social gatherings. 3 to 5 km is suggested as a safe distance.
- Wash your groceries properly and avoid eating out.
- Try to build your immunity to fight well against Corona virus.
Do show responsible behavior to not only to prove a good citizen but a human being. You and I are linked globally, so each one of us can save our lives.
Every individual has a significant role in this crisis. Create you’re most personalized (I crafted a design with hat embroidery machine) mask to show responsible behavior while saving yourself and others from Corona virus.
Just take out your best sewing and embroidery machine, and here you go.